Please go through the following instructions carefully.
The candidate shall be solely responsible for any loss or hardship caused to him due to his non-adherence to these instructions.
The candidate is requested to visit IMU's website periodically to keep track of new announcements and changes if any.
This site is best viewed with screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels or higher, using Internet Explorer 10 and above / Mozilla Firefox 16 / Google Chrome 23 or higher.
If you have any difficulty in filling the online application form, please send an email to email@example.com indicating the problem faced.
- The Online Common Entrance Test (CET) is for candidates seeking admission for the Academic Year 2018-19,which will commence 01.08.2018, to the various Programmes conducted by IMU Campuses and its Affiliated Institutes.
- For the BBA (Logistics, Retailing and E-Commerce) programme, there will be no Online CET but the candidates should register online through a separate link provided on IMU's website.
- For the 50% seats in M.Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics) programme reserved for seafarers holding Master (FG) or MEO Class I Certificate of Competency, therewill be no Online CET. Candidates desired to apply for this Programme has to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, for further admission details.
- For candidates native to Andaman & Nicobar Islands or domiciled there for at least five years, separate CET for UG Programmes will be conducted by the Andaman & Nicobar Administration on behalf of IMU. Such candidates need not apply here. However, the candidates applying for MBA/ M Tech/M.Sc Programmes should register online here.
- To see the list of IMU Campuses and Affiliated Institutes and the programmes offered Click Here.
- To see the Educational Qualifications and Medical Standards required for admission to various Programmes, Click Here.
- The crucial date for the application of the Age criterion shall be 01-08-2018.
- The details of the various Online CETs are as follows:
- Common Online CET for all UG Programmes [except BBA (Logistics, Retailing and E-Commerce) programme]
- No. of Questions - 200 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus - English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics at Plus 2 level.
- Common Online CET for the MBA (Port and Shipping Management), MBA (International Transportation and Logistics) and the M.Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics) programmes
- No. of Questions - 120 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus - Quantitative ability, Data interpretation, Verbal ability and Logical reasoning.
- Common Online CET for M.Tech (Marine Technology and Management), M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) and M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering) programmes
- No. of Questions - 120 multiple choice questions.
- Syllabus - English, Mathematics and one of Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering.
- Registration Fee payable is Rs. 700/- for candidates from SC/ST category and Rs. 1,000/-for all others. It is non-refundable.
- Registration Fee shall be paid only online.
- The registration process is divided into two parts
N.B. Basic Registration does not mean the candidate has successfully submitted the Application Form for the CET June 2018.
- Basic Registration - this is for generating the Application Number and password.
- Detailed Registration - in this process further details have to be submitted and Application Fee is to be paid online
- Please note that fields marked with asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- After the 'Basic Registration' i.e. after the candidate clicks on 'Submit' button in the Basic Registration Page, system will generate and display the Application Number, which will also be communicated to the candidate by Email and SMS.
- For subsequent logins, use this system-generated Application Number as 'Login ID' and create new password.
- Under 'Detailed Registration', you will have to fill up additional details such as Address for Correspondence, Educational Details, Preferred Choice of Exam Cities, etc., followed by uploading of relevant scanned documents and payment of CET Registration Fees
- After successful online payment of Registration Fee, aApplication Form will be generated. You are requested to take a print out of the same for future reference.
- Please note that the Service Charges / Payment Gateway Charges for making the Online Payment Transaction are to be borne by the candidate only.
- If the Class 12/UG DegreeExam results are awaited at the time of Online Registration, the candidate may choose the 'Awaiting Results' option.
- Candidates shall upload the following documents at the time of Online Application Form:
- Scanned copy of the passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of the signature of the candidate.
- Scanned copy of 10th Standard Mark Sheet or equivalent in support of Date of Birth
- Scanned copy of 12th Standard Mark Sheet (wherever applicable).
- Scanned copy of UG Degree Certificate (wherever applicable).
- Community Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC (NCL) candidates.
- Candidates need not submit any hard copy of the application to IMU.
- The last date for Online Registration is Friday 11th May 2018 till 11.59 PM.
- Candidates who have registered online for the "Common Online CET for all UG Programmes (except BBA)" must register online separately for the BBA (Logistics, Retailing and E-Commerce) programme, if they are also interested in the latter, and must pay the Registration Fee for both.
- The MBA/M.Sc and M.Tech Common Entrance Test will be conducted on the same day at the same time. Therefore, Candidates who are eligible for both programmes have to decide which programme they wish to get admitted for and accordingly choose the CET for the same.
- The Online CET will be held in a single shift on Saturday 02nd June 2018 between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- The candidates may go through the Model Question Paper and familiarize themselves with the types and level of difficulty of the questions that are likely to be asked in the Online CET. IMU reserves the right to change the distribution, types, level of difficulty, etc. of the questions asked from that shown in the Model Question Paper. Please visit IMU website for further details
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The Online CET will be held simultaneously in the following 36 cities (Test Centres) across India:
- A given City or Test Centre may have one or more Test Venues depending on the number of candidates opting for the City.
- A candidate should give 3 preferences for the cities where he wishes to take the CET while registering online. While every effort will be made to accommodate a candidate within his 3 preferred cities, IMU reserves the right to divert applicants to the nearest cities if sufficient number of candidates are not forthcoming in certain cities, and also if there are too many candidates for a particular city.
- Candidates will be able to download the Hall Ticket/Admit Card from around Wednesday 16th May 2018.
- The name and address of the Test Venue will be indicated on the Hall Ticket/Admit Card and candidates are requested to be present at the Test Venue at least 90 minutes before the time of commencement of the Online CET.
- Notwithstanding the fact that a candidate's Online Registration may have been successful and / or that a candidate may have cleared the Online CET, if any inadequacies or discrepancies or false claims are detected in the documents uploaded at the time of the Online Registration and/or in the original documents produced, if any, subsequently and/or in the Original documents produced at the time of verification, IMU reserves the right to disqualify the candidate from admission.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
- Legal disputes, if any, shall lie within the jurisdiction of Courts based in Chennai city only.